Sunday, July 6, 2008

Laundry Strike

Well as some of you might know, laundry is my nemesis! There is no end to this domestic chore...to all the domestic chores for that matter - dishes, sweeping, picking up after ourselves, etc! I don't do a load or two a day like people have tried to tell me about. I wait until there's a huge pile and then I grudgingly go to work on weeding it down. So the other day, Price picks up the house (a.k.a. stuffing in the nearest drawer, basket, shelf). So I come home and this is what I'm met with right in front of the washer and dryer by the back door. Lovely! Thanks, Babe!



I've slowly turned it into this:


Which brings us to another chore I dread - putting up all the clean clothes! I am thankful that we have clothes to wear and will try to keep that in the forefront of my mind while I continue on my laundry journey.

To conclude, I am no domestic diva! Although I have made about 6 Chicken, Broccoli and Rice casseroles in the last week. It's so easy so I will share the recipe below!



Chicken, Broccoli and Rice Casserole:

Mix in a big bowl - 3 chicken breasts cut in chunks, 2 cups of Minute Rice, 3 to 3.5 cups of water, half to 3/4's a big bag of cheese, 2 cans of cream of chicken soup, one bag of broccoli florettes, and lots of salt, pepper, and garlic salt. Pour into a rectangle baking pan and sprinkle with the rest of the bag of cheese on top and bake at 350 degrees for one hour.

Note: You can't mess this up!

Happy Laundry Day Everyone!

4 comments:

Lainey-Paney said...

...you and I do laundry the same way! ...all at once!
And I agree: putting the clothes away is just awful!

Pint Sized Life said...

Laundry is such a never ending chore. And, with "helpers" like our lovely children, putting it away is often an even bigger one! I don't blame you for putting it off...I think everyone does!

Anonymous said...

Ok - this is hilarious - we just returned from Crystal and Jared's yesterday and couldn't wait to check out the updated blogs and was SOOOOOO excited to get this recipe. You read my mind.

We loved getting to see you and Price again and look forward to our next visit to Garland.
Take care. Stephanie

Lisa said...

I ache for you just looking at the pictures and thinking about laundry.